Gir Learning Center established by Wildlife division Sasan-Gir under the Bio Diversity Conservation and Rural Livelihood Improvement Project. The main objective of Gir learning centres of The Biodiversity Conservation with special focus on the conservation of Asiatic lion in the Gir region and surrounding areas. The BCRLI Project is funded by world bank, and implemented by Ministry of forest and environment (Moef). The project will be implemented in two phases. Phase I will include support for knowledge management and development and testing of conservation approaches and two Demonstration Landscape Sites. (1) Ascot Sanctuary, Uttrakahand and (2) Little Rann of Kachchh. Phase II will support a broader national capacity building programme and support for future testing and demonstration of landscape conservation approach in two additional sites based on experience and capacity constraints for Landscape Conservation. Under this Project Gir, KMTR and PTR to be established as Learning Centres. Activities of Conservation already took place under these Learning Centres before and they can help other Protected Areas for learning aspect by their Experience Models.
1. Conservation of core and Satellite habitat such as Girnar, Mitiyala, Grassland of Maliya, Savarkundla, Mahuva, Palitana and Talaja, Coastal Forests etc.
2. Conservation of Corridors connecting Core area
3. Ecosystem compatible development of Local People
4. Measures preventing Human-Wildlife Conflict
5. Awareness and Education
6. Increased support for Monitoring, Research and Study
1. Piloting the Demonstration of the Regional
2. Conservation Planning for the Biodiversity
3. Providing Capacity and Expertise for Regional
4. Conservation Planning to other Biodiversity
5. conservation Landscape Sites
1. Orientation of BCRLIP -Discussion, Planning and Field Learning
2. Participating in Various Activities conduct by Project and Forest Department
3. Participating in Workshops and Seminars of Environment Awareness
4. Learning Effective Methods of Nature Education
Environmental Sciences, Land Use/Land Cover Study, Forestry, Climate Change Study, Geography, Geographical Information System, Remote Sensing and Digital Image Processing.